All Posts by Marisa Wolfe
March 19, 2013
My love for animals definitely influenced what I dreamed of being when I grew up...
February 18, 2013
My hometown of Ford City, PA is just outside Pittsburgh. My top 5 things to do when I go into the big city...
January 07, 2013
Big Ten season is here! We believe our fans, pep band, etc. are the best in the league, but check out my Top 10 about other teams in the Big Ten...
December 10, 2012
The Lady Lions love supporting Penn State football! Check out Marisa's thoughts on the season.
December 04, 2012
“You never know how strong you are…until being strong is the only choice you have”
November 14, 2012
Sitting out this year so far has taught me a lot not only about myself but also as a leader and captain on this team.
October 12, 2012
I can still remember stepping foot on campus my freshman summer here in Happy Valley. I was terrified and had no clue what to expect. It all seems like it all happened yesterday, and here I am today, a senior!
September 26, 2012
1. Pasta is actually a first course in their meals, it is not the main dish
2. It was so hot and it seemed like we were the only ones hot and sweaty
3. The locals can sit around all day at a cafe and people watch
4. You never got ice with your drink unless you asked
5. None of the hotel rooms had irons, you had to go to an ironing station or call the front desk for the only iron in the hotel and wait for it
6. I did not see any bumper stickers on any cars
7. There were no SUV type cars, they were all so tiny!
8. At restaurants they took so long to give you your check after your meal
9. At one of the hotels we stayed at we were given an actual key instead of a card
10. You had to pay for all your drinking water
August 15, 2012
We finally made it!!! I was so nervous as we sat and waited to board our plane. Then once we were on the plane and in the air I just started to get excited. I thought the six hours and forty minutes on the plane was going to go by so fast; but, it didn't. I ended up watching three movies and couldn't sleep.
April 11, 2012
LET’S GO PENS!! LET’S GO PENS!! LET’S GO PENS!! As I’m sitting in the stands a few rows back from the ice, that's the chant the crowd in Consol Energy Center is screaming. The Pittsburgh Penguins were playing the Toronto Maple Leafs in hopes of winning to help them to have a better shot of making the playoffs this year. Of course, the Pens ended up winning, and that helped them to get that much closer to being playoff bound.
February 21, 2012
When I first got to Penn State as a freshman, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Pink Zone game that I had heard so much about and that my teammates were so excited for. When we got our white uniforms with pink trim in the weeks leading up to the game, I started to get a feel for what the game was going to be like. Game day finally came and as we got ready for the game, we found every possible way to add pink from fingernail polish, to pre-wrap in our hair, to pink shoelaces; we were head to toe in pink. Pink Zone is so much bigger than us just wearing pink; it is about the survivors that come to support us and this great cause. We want to pick up the win to honor the survivors and those that lose their battle with breast cancer.
February 16, 2012
EACH WEEK WE WILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE INSIGHT INTO WHAT THE LADY LIONS ARE LIKE OFF THE COURT. THIS WEEK, GET TO KNOW JUNIOR CAPTAIN MARISA WOLFE.
December 20, 2011