Led by WNBA first round selection Alex Bentley and the prolific outside shooting of Maggie Lucas, the 2012-13 Lady Lions returned to their third straight NCAA Tournament and won back-to-back Big Ten championships.
Back-to-back Big Ten Coach of the Year, Coquese Washington, is putting her own unique stamp on one of women's college basketballs most storied programs.
Style of Play
Mirroring Coach Quese, you'll see a fast pace, enthusiasm, and emotion on the floor.
Led by an intimidating defense that creates instant offense, expect the Lady Lions to work hard and compete. . . On defense. In transition. On offense.
The Lady Lions wear the latest apparel and test innovative equipment from Nike before the competition does.
Penn State is a Nike Elite Basketball program and one of Nike's Test Schools. This means the Lady Lions are outfitted with training shoes, basketball sneakers, t-shirts, shorts, travel sweats, sweatshirts, coats, and more each season.
- 4 NCAA Tournament Elite Eights
- 12 NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteens
- 24 NCAA Tournament Appearances
- 7 Big Ten Regular Season Titles
- 2 Big Ten Tournament Titles
- 59 All-American Selections
- 10 National Player of the Year Finalists
- 1 National Player of the Year
- 3 Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award Winners (Nation's top player under 5′ 8″)
- 28 First Team All-Big Ten Selections
- 14 WNBA Draft Picks
- 28 USA Basketball team members
- 1 member of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
2000 Final Four
- Final Four Appearance
- First 30 Win Season (30-5)
- Third Big Ten Championship
- Three First Team All-Big Ten Selections (Helen Darling, Andrea Garner, Maren Walseth)
- Two Second-Round WNBA Draft Selections (Helen Darling and Andrea Garner)