Geoff Lanier Background image of Geoff Lanier on campus.
First Season / Southern Connecticut State University/Washington College
Veteran college coach Geoff Lanier brings 24 years of coaching experience to the Lady Lions, including stints at Cincinnati, Kent State, Boston College, Ohio University, University of Akron, University of Chicago, and Mary Washington College in Maryland.
Along with coaching the wings, the Derby, Connecticut native will also assist in the day-to-day operation of the program, including opponent scouting, game preparation and player development, among other duties.
- Lanier also held the role of Director of Athletics at North Dakota College of Science during the 2001-02 academic year
- He and his wife, Kim, have one daughter, Madison, who is a member of the University of West Florida Argonauts softball program
- Holds a master's degree in Psychology from Washington College
- Native of Derby, Connecticut
- Guided IImar'I Thomas to the American Athletic Conference's Freshman of the Year award (2017-18)
- Helped Shanice Johnson earn a spot on the All-American Athletic Conference third team and garner the AAC Newcomer of the Year award, averaging a team-high 15.2 points and 9.7 rebounds per game (2016-17)
- Development four all-conference selections (2012-16)
- Helped cultivate the talents of 2011 WNBA top-15 draft pick center Carolyn Swords
- Tutored five All-ACC selections, helping Swords (three times) and Stephanie Murphy (twice) earn All-ACC honors